When we don't pause in between tasks, and acknowledge what we've just completed, or really feel "done" at the end of each day (and especially at the end of a week), this is what happens:
- Our nervous system stays in a perpetual state of incompletion - it's like always leaving the switch in the "on"position
- It becomes harder to turn the switch "off" when we want or need down time
- We feel like there's "never enough time to get it all done" which causes stress
- Stress releases excess cortisol
- Excess cortisol compromises our immune function
- Cortisol influences hormones and can cause cellular inflammation (now that's motivating!)
Knowing there will always be more to do, try really feeling done today, and enjoy your weekend.