Monday, June 14, 2010

Introducing the Right and Left Brain

As a start, I thought it would be good to introduce the overall functions of the right and left brain from a "consciousness" perspective (derived from the Living a Miraculous Life class I am taking).  Below is a list that is a starting point.  I will add to it as we go. This experiment will track my attempt to shift platforms from using my left brain as dominant, to using my right brain as dominant.  Why do this?  Take a look at the list below, and see what you think.  I'll let you know how it's going in my next entry!

Empowering use of the Left Brain:
  • Untangling confusion
  • Problem solving
  • Using discernment or judging to make a choice or a decision
Limiting use of the Left Brain:
  • Judging turns to judgment
  • Creating an opinion just for the sake of having an opinion (ie: self-talk of "I like this, I don't like that, it's not as good as before, I can't do that because...")
  • Perception based on what we know already: the past equals the future
Accessing The Right Brain: (could be considered "higher mind")

  • Allows for what it doesn't know yet (so it can feel uncomfortable)
  • Opens the gateway between the soul and the personality
  • Allows you to maximize your effect on your life by aligning the Right Brain, Left Brain, and Action
  • Co-creative power Highest Intelligence, expansive, learning, creating toward your destiny (the past does NOT equal the future)

No comments:

Post a Comment